Barbara Jean Blakley-Gordon was born May 12, 1929 in Tulsa,
Oklahoma to the parents of Reola and Samuel Gordon.
“Babs,” as she was affectionately called, attended St. Monica’s School from the 2nd grade until graduation.
She worked for Tulsa Public Schools and Parker Drilling Co.
before retiring at the age of 65.
Barbara met her childhood sweetheart, Gene Walker, at the age of 9 and where later married. From that union, their legacy and love was created: Ann Walker Davis of Tulsa, Billie Walker Davis of Chicago, Debra Walker Trotter of Tulsa, the late Kirk Walker Sr. of Tulsa,
Reginald Walker Sr. of Oklahoma City; step-children: Audrey
Walker and Dexter Walker, and the late Pam Wallace of Compton,
California; grandchildren: Derrick Davis, Tracci Davis, Shelly
White-Mitchell, Yolanda Lucas, Camesha Love, Rekia Walker, Kirk Walker II, ShaRhonda Drew, Reginald Walker II, and Sharonda Walker; 28 great-grandchildren, 6 great-great-grandchildren, and a host of nieces and nephews.
- Date & Time: September 29, 2021 (2:00 PM - 8:00 PM)
- Venue: Butler-Stumpff & Dyer Funeral Home
- Location: 2103 E 3rd St Tulsa, OK 74104
- Phone Number: (918) 587-7000
- Date & Time: September 30, 2021 (11:00 AM)
- Venue: St. Monica Catholic Church
- Location: 633 E. Marshall Pl. Tulsa, OK 74106
- Phone Number: (918) 428-3280