After an individual passes away and the cremation services in Tulsa, OK, are completed after paying the cost of cremation, having a reception can be one way to bring everyone together as they pay their condolences. If you have never had to plan a reception, you might be confused about where to get started, so here is some additional information to help you in your planning process.
What is the Theme?
There is a trend in our society to try to create the most authentic and unique event possible, so when you get started with your planning, you are going to want to consider the kind of individual it deceased was. A few things you want to keep in mind when you start are:
- Make sure you ask for help if you need it
- If possible, choose a location that was special to the deceased
- Be sure to add in personalized memorabilia such as photos about the loved one
- Don’t try to make the event perfect just do what feels right
- Don’t feel like you have to provide a full catered dinner
- Accept help if people are offering it
- Alcohol is not a requirement at these events
- Make sure you personalize it as much as possible
You will need to look at your budget; this will let you know how much you have to spend, and you may even consider reaching out to friends or family to see if they want to contribute. Once you know what the budget is, you can get your guest list organized so you understand the number of attendees to find a venue that will accommodate everyone.
Planning the Details
There are several ways to customize the event; here are just a few suggestions.
- Offering a memorial token for the attendees
- Having an open mic so individuals can tell stories about their experience with the deceased
- Choosing music that your loved one admired
- Picking a food choice that was a favorite of your loved one
When it comes to food options, you may want a fully catered event, or some individuals choose to have a potluck style so everyone can contribute. The decorations can vary depending on your venue. Still, we recommend picking items that remind you of the individual, which could mean using specific colors or even a theme if they had a favorite hobby.
Experience You Can Trust
Regardless of what kind of reception you have, keep in mind that if you are grieving that no matter what you do, so just do the best you can. The primary purpose is to bring guests together to remember the individual and connect.
If you are just now planning for the cremation services in Tulsa, OK, we are a professional and experienced company that takes great pride in honoring our local community with exceptional services. We understand what it takes to create an event that truly celebrates your loved one, so if you have any questions or want to schedule an appointment, give us a call today.